What happens after I apply?

Applications that are submitted by both the applicant and the landlord are pulled for review first, so it is important to communicate with your landlord and make sure you both have registered and submitted. If additional information is needed, you will get an email and/or text message (if you enter your phone number) letting you know something is needed.

Please be sure to regularly check your spam and junk mail to ensure you do not miss any messages!  If you are concerned you may have missed communication, call the call center at 866-935-0407, they are able to see the latest activity and communication on your case.

What if I need help submitting an application?

Community partners are available to assist applicants who do not have technology access or need assistance completing an application. All applications must be submitted using the online application portal. Documents should not be mailed, emailed or faxed to DSHA.

If you are a tenant who needs assistance gathering or scanning documentation, accessing the internet, and/or submitting an application, please contact one of the below community partners for assistance.

Please note, the below agencies can only offer assistance with submitting an application. They cannot provide status information or answer questions about submitted applications. For these questions, please log into the portal to check the status of your application or send messages with questions, call 866-935-0407.

New Castle County

Kent and Sussex Counties

Sussex County