The tenant will need to provide:

1) Identification for Head of Household and household member with COVID-19 impact, if not head of household.

Any of the following may be used as acceptable ID:

      • State-issued driver’s license or identification card
      • U.S. Passport
      • Resident Alien Card
      • Temporary Resident Identification Card
      • Any other documentation also accepted by the DE Division of Motor Vehicles, or
      • A recent (<60 days) piece of official mail (such as bank statement, utility bill, or pay stub) with name and current address

AND – if address on identification does not match residence, head of household must provide other proof of residence such as recent (<60 days) piece of official mail (such as bank statement, utility bill or pay stub).

2) Income documentation

This includes:

      • Documentation of calendar year 2020 household income: 2020 IRS tax returns, form 1040 or 1040A; or W-2s, OR
      • Documentation of all sources of current household income for the last 30 days.

Calendar year 2020 income documented with 2020 Federal income tax returns is the preferred method of verifying income eligibility.

3) Documentation of Receipt of Unemployment Benefits OR Self-certification of COVID-19 related financial hardship

      • If available, confirmation of eligibility for or receipt of Unemployment Benefits (must include tenant’s name/identifying information), such as Statement of Monetary Determination or other statement from the Department of Labor.
      • If not, available, the applicant can self-certify to their COVID-19 related financial hardship within the application portal.

4) Copy of signed lease

Please note:

      • Lease may be expired, but must include current rent amount, or a renewal or addendum with current rent also provided.
      • Tenants requesting assistance for landlord-paid utilities must also include bills for these utilities.
      • All adults listed on the lease must be included on the application. Income for all persons over the age of 18 who reside in the unit must be included.
        Non-resident co-signers’ income will not be included.
      • If there is no lease, evidence of 2 months of payments and proof of residency such as utility bill (refer to DMV acceptable documentation list) is required
      • When the landlord and tenant live in same unit and/or are showing zero rent paid for more than 6 consecutive months past rent receipts or other documentation of past payment within the past 2 years is required.

The landlord will need to provide:

1) W-9 form (completed and signed by landlord).

2) Direct deposit information and account information confirmation.

3) Information on the property and rent owed.

While scanned documents are preferred, photos that are high-quality, clear and readable are acceptable. Documents should be uploaded on the application portal.